Saturday, October 18, 2008

Penguin Pictures

Here is a quick run-through of the places Percy Penguin and I have been in the last two weeks:


Percy practices flying on the train from Weymouth to Bournemouth (above).


We took Percy for a walk on a real English country lane.


This is Percy at an ancient fountain in a city called Wells.


This is me, standing by one of the doors to my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather's house in England. He was born here in the year 1605! I think he was not very tall...



This is a candy shop in the same town as the house above. When I was a little girl in California, candy was still sold from jars like this!

Here is a picture of the beautiful countryside near Yarcombe, England -- where we took Percy for the walk. It looks a lot like Tenino, I think!


Finally, here is a picture of my husband in a little church called St. John the Baptist. The other man is explaining how the bells for the church work.

No comments: